My step daughter loves making soup, and thinks making it up as she goes along is preferable to using a recipe. So I gave her some stew meat and told her to have fun. The resulting soup was pretty tasty.
Anwen’s Venison Soup
- 2 lbs venison stew meat, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 handful of linguine, broken into 3 inch strips
- venison (or beef) broth; enough to cover the ingredients and/or make the soup as liquid as you like
- 1 tbs rosemary, ground
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
Throw all the ingredients into a crock pot and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours (depending on how tender you like the carrots and onions).