Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I’m always looking for new ways to make meatloaf…venison works especially well in any recipe that calls for ground meat. My friend Sandra in Ohio sent me this recipe. It is very rich, and very yummy!
Recipe: Appalachian Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup spicy BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2Â cup catsup
- 1 tbs BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 350Â°.
- Combine venison, pork, bread crumbs, and onions and mix well.
- Mix with a stand mixer or your hands to make sure ingredients are well blended.
- Add the milk, eggs, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, and half of the catsup to meat mixture and combine well.
- Put in a loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Mix catsup with 1 tbs of BBQ sauce. Spread over loaf and bake 1 hour or until done.
- Let set for 5 minutes before serving.
Cooking time (duration): 105
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Microformatting by hRecipe.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: