The flavor of apple really brings out the rich taste of venison when you’re grilling a roast. This is one of our favorites; so much, it’s the star of our July 4 BBQ today. You can use the rotisserie, grill regularly, or smoke it; they’re all good methods for cooking this. Below is the rotisserie version. Happy grilling!
Recipe: Apple Rotisserie Roast
- 1 2- to 4-pound boneless roast
- 2 cups apple cider
- Â½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Â¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Â½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 apple, diced
- Â½ onion, chopped
- Mix together all ingredients, except the roast and water, in a large bowl.
- Place the roast in a large potâ€”big enough to fit the roast and have room for the liquid. Pour the marinade over it. Add enough water so that the marinade covers the roast completely. Place in refrigerator and marinate overnight (or about 10 to 12 hours).
- Heat grill to 225Â°.
- Put roast on rotisserie. Grill for 2 to 3 hours, until roast reaches an internal temperature of 125Â°. Remove from rotisserie and let the meat sit until the internal temperature reaches 135Â° (rare) or 145Â° (medium).
If you grill it, cook it at 200 and keep your eye on it; it will cook fast on the grill.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Meal type: dinner
Microformatting by hRecipe.