Nothing beats a burger. The trick to a good, basic venison burger it to add some sort of fat to it so that it retains some juice when cooked (and so that it doesn’t fall apart on the grill). This is the basic recipe we use when we just want a good old plain burger. This is also great for introducing people to venison; we made a ton for a Labor Day picnic and the kids devoured them!
Recipe: Venison Burgers
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 to 2 tbs oil (canola, peanut, or whatever you like)
- 1 tsp Worcester sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- non-stick spray
- Heat grill or broiler.
- Mix all ingredients together, except the non-stick spray.
- For meat into four patties.
- If grilling, spray the grill with non-stick spray.
- Cook patties about 4 minutes per side (depending on how you like them).
Be careful grilling; venison burgers like to fall apart, even when you put fat in them. They will stay together if you make sure you don’t flip them too soon. Better to cook them longer at a lower temperature to give them time to stick.
Cooking time (duration): 10 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch or dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Microformatting by hRecipe.