Archive for the ‘Veggies and Sides’ Category
I love it when readers submit recipes for the site! This yummy recipe for stuffed tomatoes comes from Sunny. It looks great!
Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes
- 8 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion,finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2.5 cm (1 in) piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 15g (4 oz/1/2 cup) fresh Indian cheese or natural fromage frais
- Cut a slice from the top of each tomato. Scoop out centers and discard seeds, then chop pulp and reserve.
- Turn tomatoes upside down on absorbent kitchen paper and leave to drain. Heat oil in a small frying pan, add onion and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Stir in garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in cumin,turmeric,cayenne pepper and ground coriander.
- Season with salt and fry for 1 minute more.
- Stir in tomato pulp and cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, until thick.
- Preheat oven to 190C (375F/Gas 5).
- Stir fresh cheese or fromage frais and half the Cheddar into spice mixture and spoon into tomato shells. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar over the tops and place on a baking tray.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes,until tops are golden brown and tomatoes soft.
- Sprinkle with with chopped coriander and serve hot.
I am part time chef and marketing leads at beds, offering a full range of mattresses and beds.I enjoy cooking for friends and family at parties and family occasions.