Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Friday night is usually venison burger night for us. There are a ton of ways to cook venison burgers, and I’m always experimenting with more. Tonight I thought I’d try mixing mozzarella cheese with the ground venison to see if it would help with keeping the meat from falling apart on the grill. It did. And the burgers were moist, even though we cooked them well done. Perfect!
Recipe: Cheesy Venison Burger
Summary: a moist and filling burger with a little kick.
- 1 lb ground venison
- Â¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Â½ cup chopped green pepper
- Â¼ cup oat bran
- 1 tsp salt
- Â¼ tsp cayenne pepper oil
- BBQ sauce tomato
- Preheat grill.
- Mix together all ingredients, except the oil, BBQ sauce, and tomato and form into six patties.
- Brush each patty with the oil so that it wonâ€™t stick to the grill.
- Grill burgers for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. The cheese keeps these moist, so well done is good for them.
- Remove from grill and serve with a dollop of BBQ sauce and a slice of tomato.
You can use finely chopped bread crumbs instead of the oat bran.
Cooking time (duration): 15
Number of servings (yield): 6
Copyright Â© Copyright Susan Rose.
Recipe by Susan Rose.
Microformatting by hRecipe.