Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I love venison stew and I love Tex-Mex recipes. I also love easy meals on cold winter nights when I’m too tired to cook. This stew takes just about 1/2 hour from start to finish, and it’s delicious. It’s creamy with just a little spice; a great way to cook venison stew meat!
Recipe: Venison Corn Chowder Stew
Summary: a Tex-Mex venison stew for the whole family
- 1 lb venison stew meat, cubed
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chili beans (medium)
- 1 cup salsa verde (medium)
- salt to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a stock pot, brown the venison lightly in the cooking oil, remove the meat to a bowl and set meat aside.
- Over medium heat, add the green pepper to the stock pot and saute until tender.
- Add the corn, cream of chicken soup, beans, and salsa and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the venison and simmer for another 10 minutes, until meat is cooked, but still tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese, milk, and salt.
- Serve immediately with sour cream and tortilla chips.
Cooking time (duration): 30
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
Microformatting by hRecipe.
I want two things on cold winter nights: venison stew and dinner served fast. This easy venison stew does both. From start to finish, it takes about 30 minutes. And it is so good!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: