I love venison stew and I love Tex-Mex recipes. I also love easy meals on cold winter nights when I’m too tired to cook. This stew takes just about 1/2 hour from start to finish, and it’s delicious. It’s creamy with just a little spice; a great way to cook venison stew meat!
Recipe: Venison Corn Chowder Stew
Summary: a Tex-Mex venison stew for the whole family
- 1 lb venison stew meat, cubed
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chili beans (medium)
- 1 cup salsa verde (medium)
- salt to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a stock pot, brown the venison lightly in the cooking oil, remove the meat to a bowl and set meat aside.
- Over medium heat, add the green pepper to the stock pot and saute until tender.
- Add the corn, cream of chicken soup, beans, and salsa and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the venison and simmer for another 10 minutes, until meat is cooked, but still tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese, milk, and salt.
- Serve immediately with sour cream and tortilla chips.
Cooking time (duration): 30
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
Microformatting by hRecipe.
I want two things on cold winter nights: venison stew and dinner served fast. This easy venison stew does both. From start to finish, it takes about 30 minutes. And it is so good!