This is a very hearty stew that is great in early fall. The lime gives it a nice, summery flavor.
Recipe: Fiesta Venison Chowder
- 1 to 2 pounds venison, cubed (the amount depends on how much meat you like in your stews…we like a lot)
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups milk (whole milk is best, but use what you like)
- 1 can (11 oz) cream of chicken or cream of corn soup
- 1 1/2 cups mild salsa verde
- juice from two limes
- 1 can (15 oz) mild chili beans
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- Put all ingredients EXCEPT the cheese and chips into a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 1 to 2 hours, or until the meat is cooked through.
- Put in bowls and top with cheese and chips.
You’ll need your slow cooker for this one. And a big bag of chips! A dollop of sour cream would be nice, but not necessary.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Microformatting by hRecipe.