I love using pesto as a sauce on pizza. This pizza is a gourmet treat, but just as easy to make as a normal red sauce pizza.
Recipe: Pesto and Venison Pizza
- 1 ready-made, 14 inch pizza crust
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Â¼ cup pesto
- ground venison (browned in olive oil, basil, salt and pepper)
- portabella mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 8 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tbs sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Brush olive oil over crust.
- Spread pesto over crust.
- Layer on browned venison, mushrooms, olives, and onions, then cover with cheese.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Number of servings (yield): 3
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts (or Â¼ cup butter if someone has nut allergies)
- 2 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in food processor and process until it forms a paste.
Microformatting by hRecipe.