Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A good Pico de Gallo is an absolute must for most Mexican or Tex-Mex dishes. This recipe is easy to whip up and guaranteed to go fast (I often wonder why I never make a double batch, but I never learn).
Recipe: Pico de Gallo
Summary: a traditional salsa
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 or 3 jalapeÃ±o peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- Â½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, cover, and refrigerate for an hour.
Cooking time (duration): 15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 2 1/2 cups
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Copyright Â© Copyright Susan Rose.
Recipe by Susan Rose.
Microformatting by hRecipe.
Find this link at The Local Cook and see more great sauce recipes.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: