This salad is amazing. In fact, I use the dressing as a marinade as well. The flavors blend perfectly together for a real taste treat. The original recipe called for chicken.
Recipe: Southwest Venison Salad
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 8 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 tsp chili powder
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 3oz venison steaks
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- 4 medium-large roma tomatoes diced
- 8 tbs chopped scallions
- 4 cups organic romaine lettuce
- Place the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, and salt in a closed jar. Shake until well mixed.
- Lightly coat a grill with nonstick cooking spray, heat, and grill the venison until done. Slice into 1 inch strips.
- Mix together the venison, beans, tomatoes, scallions, lettuce, and dressing, and serve.
The original recipe called for chicken, which I’m sure is wonderful in this as well.
Cooking time (duration): 15
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Microformatting by hRecipe.