Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Happy Superbowl Sunday. No matter who is playing, watching the game with friends and family is a tradition I look forward to every year. Since we’re avid Dolphins fans in this house, I’m not very invested in who wins. That means I can sit back and just enjoy the food!
In honor of Superbowl Sunday, Rick and I made some yummy nachos…they are the bomb! Have fun today, wherever you are and whatever you’re eating.
Recipe: Venison Nachos
- 1/2 lb venison, grilled and chopped into small bite sized pieces
- 1/2 can refried beans
- 1/2 jar hot salsa
- black olives (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Blue corn tortilla chips (Garden of Eatin’ spicy red hot and blues are best for this)
- Mix the salsa and beans together and heat in microwave for 1 minute.
- Place a layer of chips on a plate, dollop the salsa/bean mixture over chips and sprinkle with meat and olives (if you’re having them), then sprinkle with cheese. Repeat the layer process until you have the heap of nachos you want (I do it once for myself, the photo is Rick’s serving, which is three layers deep.)
- Heat in microwave until cheese is melted (time will vary depending on the density of your creation).
- Remove and put desired amount of sour cream and guacamole on top.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Number of servings (yield): 2â€“4
Meal type: hors d’oerves
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Microformatting by hRecipe.
*Yes, Rick ate that entire plate in one sitting. And yes, he had a bit of a tummy ache after.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: