Posts Tagged ‘stuffed peppers’
This year the tomatillos in our garden went crazy. I froze dozens, and am now looking forward to making delicious venison and tomatillos! I’m starting with this stuffed peppers recipe with venison. We are big Mexican food fans in this house, so these stuffed peppers are right at home on our table.
Stuffed Peppers Recipe with venison
: tomatillos add a little sweetness to this venison dish
- 4 to 6 Poblano peppers (depending on size)
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 lb venison, ground or chopped finely
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 4 tomatillos, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Habanero sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- Lightly roast the Poblano peppers on the grill or in the oven. Remove tops and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the venison and brown. Remove the venison from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion to the juices in the sauté pan and cook until tender. Add the red pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the tomatillo and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Add the venison, cilantro, Habanero sauce, salt, pepper, and rice. Stir to mix well. Remove from heat.
- Fill each pepper with the venison mixture and place in a baking dish. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let set a few minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Copyright © Susan Rose.