Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I love chili, and I love trying new recipes. I also love every recipe I’ve ever made from on of Suzanne Somers Somersize
line of books. When I follow her eating plan, I feel great. I don’t always follow the plan, but I think it’s a good one. This chili recipe came from the Fast & Easy
Twenty-minute chili (with Venison)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 large red onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 lbs venison, ground
- 28 ounce tomatoes, diced
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 14 ounce chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 tbs chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano, ground
1. Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and onion and cook until soft and slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
3. Add ground venison and cook with the onion mixture until browned and almost cooked through.
4. Add tomatoes and cook 3 minutes.
5. Add wine to boiling mixture and cook 2 minutes, until the alcohol is cooked out.
6. Add chicken broth, parsley, salt, pepper, and spices. Cook five minutes more.
7. Serve with grated swiss or cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: