I love chili, and I love trying new recipes. I also love every recipe I’ve ever made from on of Suzanne Somers Somersize line of books. When I follow her eating plan, I feel great. I don’t always follow the plan, but I think it’s a good one. This chili recipe came from the Fast & Easy.
Twenty-minute chili (with Venison)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 large red onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 lbs venison, ground
- 28 ounce tomatoes, diced
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 14 ounce chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 tbs chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano, ground
1. Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and onion and cook until soft and slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
3. Add ground venison and cook with the onion mixture until browned and almost cooked through.
4. Add tomatoes and cook 3 minutes.
5. Add wine to boiling mixture and cook 2 minutes, until the alcohol is cooked out.
6. Add chicken broth, parsley, salt, pepper, and spices. Cook five minutes more.
7. Serve with grated swiss or cheddar cheese and sour cream.