Can you believe it’s only 10 days until Christmas? For us, the holiday parties are starting this weekend. I’ve already eaten more cookies in the last few days than I have the rest of the year (a side affect of working in an office after 10 years of working out of my house). I’ll tell you, I’m really looking forward to some protein!
I first made these appetizers a few years ago when I had a wine pairing dinner party. They were such a hit with the dinner guests that I pull them out for special occasions. They look great, taste great, and are easy to make. I think the sweetness of the cherries balances the richness of the meat. They’re a great introduction to venison.
This is one of the recipes in “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking,” and one of my favorites.
: Venison Cherry Drops
: Sweet and savory holiday venison appetizer
- 6 oz venison tenderloin, grilled and chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 oz frozen cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 wonton wrappers
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
- Mix the venison, cream cheese, cherries, and mayonnaise.
- Grease a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Place one wonton wrapper in a muffin cup, extending the edges of wrappers over the sides of cups.
- Fill with venison mixture.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until edges of cups are golden brown and filling is heated through.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Copyright Â© Susan Rose.
Microformatting by hRecipe.