Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It’s venison chili season! This weekend I made some mole sauce, and thought it would make a nice chili. It did. Here is my deer chili recipe…enjoy!
Recipe: Venison Chili Mole
Summary: deer chili recipe with Mexican mole sauce
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Â½ cups mole sauce
- In a medium sautÃ© pan, brown the venison. Drain any grease and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large stock pan. Add the onion, and sautÃ© until tender.
- Add the peppers and continue to sautÃ© until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, salt, and mole sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Bring mixture to a light boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for Â½ to 2 hours, depending on how much time you have.
- Serve with sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, and chips.
Cooking time (duration): 20 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dinner
Microformatting by hRecipe.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: