Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I have so many childhood memories of my grandmother’s Sunday night pot roast. Yum. The only thing better is the way the house smells.
Venison Pot Roast
- One venison roast
- Steak Seasoning
- Vegetables (carrots, potatoes, parsnips)
- Chicken or beef stock and/or water
- Rub some Steak Seasoning onto the roast.
- Place the roast in a crock pot.
- Add vegetables (diced green beans, cubed potatoes, and sliced carrots are good). Cover the roast and vegetables with the liquid.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until the meat falls apart with a fork.
Special note to those who are trying to watch what they eat: celery root is an excellent substitute for potatoes. It’s one of my favorite.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: