Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Rick’s all-time favorite sandwich is a Reuben. So, I made corned venison
with the main purpose of creating venison Reuben sandwiches. The corned venison is delicious, which makes these Reuben sandwiches even better than they normally are.
Recipe: Venison Reuben Sandwich
- 2 slices rye bread
- Thousand Island dressing
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut
- Thinly sliced Corned Venison
- Spread the Thousand Island dressing on each slice of bread.
- Layer a slice of the cheese on top of the dressing.
- Layer the sauerkraut on top of the cheese
- Layer the Corned Venison on one slice of bread and put the other slice of bread (cheese side down) on top.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan on the stove.
- Spread butter on the outsides of the bread.
- Place on the griddle and grill until bread is toasted and cheese has melted.
For homemade Thousand Island dressing you need:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving (preferably overnight)
Cooking time (duration): 5
Number of servings (yield): 1
Meal type: lunch
Microformatting by hRecipe.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: