Here’s a great venison jerky recipe for dehydrators…if you like your jerky spicy! This deer jerky has a big taste in a small bite. The marinade is simple; you probably have all the ingredients in your cupboard already. Enjoy!
Recipe: Voodoo Venison Jerky
Summary: great venison jerky recipe for dehydrators
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds venison flank roast, cut into strips (about Â½ inch wide by Â¼ inch thick and 3 inches long)
- Dissolve bouillon in water. Stir in the garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Put the venison strips in a bowl and cover with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and marinate overnight (about 12 hours) in the refrigerator.
- Place the venison on dehydrator sheets.
- Dehydrate at 155Ëš for about 8 hours, until jerky is dry, but not brittle. Time will depend on how thick the meat slices are.
I call for a venison flank steak, but you can use any cut of deer meat for this as long as you can cut it into strips.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Meal type: snack
Microformatting by hRecipe.