Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It’s grilling season! How many ways can you make a yummy venison burger? I don’t know…I keep finding more things to do, all of them delicious. This is a versatile recipe because the taste will depend on what kind of BBQ sauce you use. Mixing BBQ sauce and dry red wine into the meat not only flavors it nicely, it helps keep the meat tender and juicy while grilling. The wine is optional, but it does add a special little something that will make your friends say YUM.
Recipe: BBQ Venison Burger
- 1 and 1/4 lb ground venison
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbs fresh Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Heat grill.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Form meat into patties. You should be able to make 4 to 6, depending on how big you like your burgers.
- Put on grill and cook each side 4 to 6 minutes, or until done.
- Melt cheddar cheese on top if desired.
1. These burgers may want to fall apart on the grill if you aren’t careful about how you put them on. We use a huge grill spatula and gently transfer the raw meat to the grill. Make sure you spray down the grill with non-stick spray; that will help.
2. You can skip the wine if you want. I like the flavor, but these would still be good without it.
3. We use spicy, thick BBQ sauce.
Cooking time (duration): 15
Number of servings (yield): 4 to 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Microformatting by hRecipe.