Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Game day appetizers
are one of my favorite things, and buffalo wings are one of my favorite indulgences. I wondered if I could make them with venison instead of chicken (wingless, of course). The result was a very tasty, although slightly messy, treat. A word of warning…use parchment paper otherwise they will stick to the baking sheet and won’t look very pretty (although they’ll taste great)!
Recipe: Buffalo Venison Tenders
Summary: spicy and tender Buffalo tenders with venison rather than chicken
- 12 ounces venison steak, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Blue Cheese dipping sauce (recipe below)
- Marinate the venison in the hot sauce for Â½ hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a baggie, mix together flour, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Shake the venison pieces with the seasoned flour.
- Beat egg whites with 1 tablespoon water, and place egg mixture in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Put bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip seasoned venison in egg mixture, then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 6 minutes in the preheated oven. Use tongs to turn pieces over. Bake 5 minutes longer, or until venison is slightly firm when pressed.
- Serve with dipping sauce and celery sticks.
Cooking time (duration): 15
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: appetizers
Recipe: Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
Summary: easy to make blue cheese dressing for chips, buffalo tenders, or salads
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese 2 tablespoons buttermilk 1/2 cup light sour cream 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine and ingredients and stir until well mixed. Cover and set in refrigerator until ready to eat. This dressing will last for about 1 week.
Cooking time (duration): 5
Microformatting by hRecipe.