Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The cucumbers have been coming in like crazy in the community garden. We didn’t plant any this year, but people have been giving them away. Yum! I’ve had so many cucumbers the last week, I was running out of things to do with them. But I’ve found my favorite…this cucumber soup with venison stock is so good. It’s the perfect thing for a hot day. If you don’t have venison stock, you can substitute with chicken broth.
Recipe: Cold Cucumber Soup with Venison Stock
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 Anaheim pepper
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup venison stock
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbs fresh cilantro, stemmed
- Â½ tsp kosher salt
- Peel the cucumber, slice in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Cut the cumber into chunks.
- Slice the pepper in half, remove the seeds, and cut into chunks.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until all the cucumber is finely chopped.
- Chill for an hour before serving.
If you don’t have plain Greek yogurt, you can use cream or milk. The consistency and flavor will be a little different, but it will still be good. Do not use American style plain yogurt.
Cooking time (duration): 5
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Microformatting by hRecipe.