Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Last night I had a pound of kabobs to cook and no energy to go to the grocery store
and buy specific ingredients for a marinade. I did, however, have a lemon.
I’ve been on a kick to find light, summer recipes for the venison. When it’s 90 degrees, a stew just doesn’t work. This citrus marinade was very refreshing…the perfect taste for a hot summer night!
Recipe: Venison Citrus Kabobs
- 1 lb venison, cubed for skewers
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- Put all ingredients in a baggie, mix, and marinade in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Put meat on skewers and grill for about 2-3 minutes per side (cook to medium or medium rare, which doesn’t take long with venison).
Very light and refreshing. I sauteed the onion slices in olive oil, which was a nice side to the meat, and served it all with rice.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Microformatting by hRecipe.