Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I love venison meatloaf! It’s the perfect winter meal…and there are always leftovers for lunch the next day. I remember as a kid making meatloaf sandwiches with plenty of ketchup. Yum. This is the classic meatloaf recipe my mother always made, only using venison instead of beef.
Recipe: Venison Meatloaf
Summary: a traditional American meatloaf with venison
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup spicy BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbs BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 350Â°.
- Combine venison, pork, bread crumbs, and onions and mix well. Mix with a stand mixer or your hands to make sure ingredients are well blended.
- Add the milk, eggs, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, and half of the ketchup to meat mixture and combine well.
- Put in a loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Mix ketchup with 1 tbs of BBQ sauce. Spread over loaf and bake 1 hour or until done. Let set for 5 minutes before serving.
Cooking time (duration): 1 hours, 45 minutes
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Copyright Â© Copyright Susan Rose.
Recipe by Susan Rose.
Microformatting by hRecipe.