Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Yum, yum, yum. I’ve always loved breakfast sausage, preferring it to bacon any day. And I must say, this is the best breakfast sausage I’ve ever had.
Venison Breakfast Sausage
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1/2 lb pork fat
- 1/2 tablespoon course salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/3 teaspoon rubbed summer savory
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put the venison through the meat grinder with the pork fat so that it is well mixed.
- Mix in other ingredients, being sure to blend well.
- Form into thin patties (I usually make 1 to 2 oz patties). Cook on skillet.
Note: these freeze well. I place wax paper between each patty so that I can easily separate them once theyâ€™ve thawed.
This morning, we took breakfast decadence to a new level and make breakfast sandwiches with the sausage…oh they were good!
Venison Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich
- 1 English Muffin, toasted
- 1 egg, scrambled (using butter or olive oil)
- 1 oz smoked gouda
- 1 venison breakfast sausage
- Layer the muffin with the egg, cheese and sausage and get ready to say goodbye to McDonald’s forever!