Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Venison sausage is wonderful on pizza. I thought I’d give a traditional sausage pizza a Tex-Mex twist using my homemade venison chorizo. The result was a delightful cross between nachos and pizza.
Recipe: Venison Chorizo Pizza
Summary: venison sausage pizza with a spicy Tex-Mex twist
- 1 ready-made pizza crust
- 2 tbs roasted pepper tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup red and yellow pepper strips, sauteed
- 1/2 cup venison chorizo
- 3/4 cup colby-jack cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the crust, then layer on the peppers and chorizo.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the pizza.
- Place on center rack of oven and cook for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust has started to brown.
If you want an extra crispy crust, bake the pizza on a pizza stone.
Cooking time (duration): 15
Number of servings (yield): 2-3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
Microformatting by hRecipe.