Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Your venison roast can go from ho-hum to spectacular with just a few herbs. I love using rubs on my venison roast recipes. They serve two purposes: first they add lovely flavor, and second they help keep the meat tender and juicy while it cooks. We had this deer roast for dinner tonight. Two thumbs up!
Recipe: Venison Roast with Rosemary Garlic Rub
Summary: This flavorful rub will make your venison roast spectacular.
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon savory
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 2-pound venison top round roast or sirloin tip
- Preheat the oven to 200Â°.
- Crush the peppercorns coarsely. I use a mortar and pestle.
- Mix all ingredients except the venison roast in a small bowl.
- Rub the rosemary mixture over the meat, massaging it into the roast. Place in a roasting pan and put in the oven, covered, for about 2 hours.
- Use your meat thermometer to check the internal temperature as it cooks. Remove the roast from the oven when the internal temperature is 125Â°. Let sit until the internal temperature reaches 135Â°.
Cooking time (duration): 5
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Microformatting by hRecipe.