Buy “The Hunting Widow’s Guide to Great Venison Cooking” today~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I love stuffed peppers…I’ve realized I don’t really care what they’re stuffed with! I got this recipe from the May 2009 issue of Women’s Health
(a great magazine by the way), page 123.
Recipe: Middle Eastern Stuffed Peppers
Summary: Healthy and delicious stuffed peppers with venison.
- 4 medium sweet bell peppers
- 1/2 lb ground venison
- 1 tsp olive oil (I used Spanish)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced stuffed green olives
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup precooked brown rice, heated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tops off peppers, removing seeds and white membranes. Place in a baking pan.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet and brown the venison with the garlic, cinnamon, and cumin using medium heat.
- Add raisins and tomato sauce and cook until mixture is hot (about 3 minutes).
- Remove skillet from heat and mix in rice and olives.
- Place equal amounts of mixture into each pepper and replace tops. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake until peppers are soft (about 15 minutes).
Cooking time (duration): 30
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Copyright Â© Copyright Susan Rose.
Recipe by Susan Rose.
Microformatting by hRecipe.